We are pleased to announce that all of you who are presently on Medicare will be receiving NEW Medicare cards. A new number that belongs to you alone will be on your new card. Your social security number will not be on your new card. To update your mailing address, contact your Tapestry Insurance Agent directly or call 1-800-772-1213. Although the cards look different and new, your Medicare coverage and benefits stay exactly the same.
- Just so you know, there have been reports of scams targeting seniors and your new card. Please remember, it is your personal informationthat Scammers want. Also know:
- If you receive a phone call about your new Medicare card, DO NOT provide any information.
- You DO NOT NEED TO SUPPLY the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) with any information. You as a consumer should not give anyone your personal information regarding your new card.
- The new Medicare card does NOT COST you anything! It is Free!
- You do NOT need to purchase a temporary card. Your current card is valid until you receive a NEW Medicare card IN THE MAIL from CMS. Replacement cards will be mailed between April 2018 and April 2019.
- SAFEGUARD AGAINST SCAMS: Your card will be mailed to you. No one will call or contact you asking for personal information or money for your new card. No one will ask for personal information so that a new card can be sent to you. No one will threaten to cancel your coverage if you do not share personal information.
- New cards will be sent out within the next year. Do not worry if your neighbor or friend receives their new Medicare card before you do.
- Lastly, if you believe someone is attempting to scam you wanting your information, HANG UP and call your personal Tapestry Insurance Agent immediately and/or call 1-800-633-4227.